Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Things always happen for a reason. . .

Welcome to my very first ever post in my first ever blog!  I sincerely appreciate that you would take time from your ultra hectic, busy life (and whose isn't?) to read my prose.  One year ago, I was so overwhelmed by my life, I would never have had the time to write or the ability to sit in front of a computer for one more nanosecond.  But as someone I love (who happens to be my Mother-In-Law -  I know,  right?  How lucky am I??) always says, "Things always happen for a reason."

I made a major decision to change jobs so that I could work remotely from my home or anywhere else with internet.  My goal was to be able to visit my Mom, my Dad (who had Altzheimer's), and the other 99.9% of my family who live far far away from my little Country Cottage in the woods, and still bring home a paycheck.  I was soooo busy looking for that dream job (at least a six month task), and then interviewing and getting the job, that I didn't ask enough questions about what the "dream" job would actually require of me.   Long story short, I worked an average of 65-70 hours a week, making less money, with no benefits for some very very nasty folks.

Anyway, I got laid off  (nine long months later) because "dream" company hadn't had a sale in 18 months.  That's when I heard the phrase that I've heard a thousand times - "Everything always happens for a reason."  Now for the fun part, Hubby and I figured out that we will not starve or have to sell our Country Cottage in the woods and I am busy persuing the true American dream of working for myself doing something that I love.  I'll bet you've heard the one about being successful when you do something you truly love, right?

It didn't take me long to figure out that I love wandering around garage sales, thrift shops and other places where amazing, shabby chic treasures can be found.  Having always dreamed of working for myself, "JBs Country Cottage" has been established and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment